The Differences

Friday, 10 June 2011

It has been a week away from Malaysia now, I think I am actually adapting quite well, however there are really some significant differences between Malaysia and here in the UK.

Apart from the sunrise and sunset time mentioned in earlier posts, one thing that is quite interesting is the weather. Normally, it would be pretty cold in the morning and night with really strong wind, nothing too fancy. The tricky part is at noon. The weather is so weird, this minute the rain starts pouring down, the next minute the rain stops, sun comes out and its as hot as hell. Yes, the key word is NEXT MINUTE, I did not exaggerate it. This minute its raining, the next minute a hot and sunny one, the then suddenly the rain comes again. Imagine just taking out my umbrella and the rain stops, just when im about to keep it it starts raining again, CRAP.

While being a little fed up with the neverending weather activity, I actually loved the weather here. Most of the time its cold and windy, close to 10 degree celcius in the morning and night.

In average, we walk at least 1 hour non-stop everyday, my legs are so tired every night, still cant resist it, gonna head out and feel the breeze of the cool air before we got too busy with the assignments.

Crossing lots of streets everyday

One more obvious differences is that the people here are so friendly to us, theres endless examples and scenarios that I could write a whole page of blog. The drivers will let you pass the road even the traffic light is on green, the drivers behind would not even honk, they are so patient! I came out with a conclusion why is that so. They does not work too hard, and they do party hard! Shops are closed so early that we struggle  to buy stuff after class. After 7pm the streets starts to be empty, save the pub and club street of course.

P/S: I actually love this place and hope that I would be able to come back for longer studies with my dear Chaoe for our MSc next time, maybe not in Sheffield, experience something different again!

PP/S: Although it seems like my dear doesn't want to come back and stay for a year, she wants to come back to have a trip..haha, UK for me is more like a good place to live rather than a travel destination :|

0 comments:

Post a Comment