Arriving in Sheffield

Monday, 6 June 2011

After the flight, we made our first step on the land of United Kingdom entering the Manchester International Airport. And we were greeted with...a loooooooooooooooooooooong queue to proceed through the custom. Took us about 1 hour plus just to wait for our turn, to my surprise the officer just checked my offer letter and passport, nothing else. I was worried that they might check my laptop or phone.

What a long queue at Manchester Airport!

We then met the university staff and brought to the coach after reclaiming our luggage. We waiting for more than 1 hour on the bus before it started moving. The bus is so packed and the seats are so small compared to the buses in Malaysia, when it is filled with people and the air con is not on, I can barely breath.

Basically the room is quite spacious, more than enough for a single room, feels like a master room back in Malaysian condo. Did some shopping in the first two days, of course mainly food and also some living essentials.

Laptop

Food!!

Bed

P/S: It feels really weird that the sky is still bright at 9.30pm, the same feeling I got when I went to China and the sky became dark at 4.30pm. Miss everyone in Msia !

1 comments:

  1. E said...

    arghh...i miss my liverpool life so much so much :(

    the nice weather...the beautiful scene...the peace..everything!!

    let's us immigrate to UK lar ^-^

Post a Comment