Day Trip 2: Manchester

 
Sunday, 19 June 2011

Same as the week before, same old crowded place at the meet up spot. However we manage to grab a minibus this time. Arrived in Manchester City about 1 and a half hours after departure, that is when nightmare starts.

We arrived at about 10.30am, we are required to leave at 1.40pm. We thought we would've gone to Old Trafford before going to the city centre, turns out that 3 coaches went to the city first while the others went to Old Trafford, the main point is, we only have 3 hours, they recommended 6 spots. WTH.

We walked right to the town hall, wasn't too interested, just a beautiful building. But its not even close to York Minster. We saw something quite interesting though on our way there!

 
Interesting isn't it? :D

Then we went to John Rylands Library. The guide told us that its similar to Hogwarts, I was then abit excited about that when I heard that, and as I went in the library, I see nothing but disappointment. Well..it is a beautiful library with beautiful books and art, they even have the pieces of the first Bible. However, the interior is incomparable with Hogwarts.

 
The logo feels Hogwart-ish though!

Knowing that we don't have enough time, we decided to skip the other spots and head to the main point, SHOPPING! Went in to quite a few shops like Burberry, LV, Gucci, Sports Direct, Esprit, Fred Perry, too bad that either theres nothing special or its too expensive or I don't have enough time to get what I want.

After a rush evening, we continued on to Old Trafford, the home of MUFC. I'm not a football fan, I don't even like Manchester United, but still, it feels special to be there.

Our guide from MUFC

Old Trafford, The Theater of Dreams

Tickets!

The player's lounge, where David Beckham met his wife Victoria


P/S: Still, I did not spend a single penny, I thought I would spend quite abit in Manchester so I brought alot of money (Ok, not alot, like £120). This is a really poorly organised trip, we don't have enough time to enjoy Manchester, even the York trip was way better than this, sigh. Might visit Manchester again one day, maybe just me myself :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment