My Life As A Malaysian

Monday, 31 August 2009

Once again Malaysia's n-th birthday is here, which I believe to many (but not most) Malaysians like me, it's just a holiday. For the last 10 years living in Malaysia (I din't give a damn about what country I was in before 10), I'd say it's a very, very disappointing.

As a Malaysian Chinese, I have no problem living in a Muslim country like Malaysia, but I do think that the country system sucks, and it's as childish as Najib playing barbie dolls.

Unity is always one of Malaysia's top priority aim, for good relationship between all different races, there were slogans like, "No Malays, Chinese, and Indians, Just Malaysians." And my comment? Bullshit. If you want unity, why forming some unfair rules, that cause hatred between races? The most obvious one would be education, why bumiputras can get into local universities easily with bad result but non-bumiputras had to work like a cow, to secure a position for themselves? Why the so callled "short-cut school", matriculation college have a student ratio of 3 bumiputras to 1 non bumiputra?

When problems appear because of dissatisfaction of non-bumiputras to the government, who should be blamed?

Same goes to the fact that 90% of low-cost houses built must be sold to bumiputras only. I used to work in a developer's office, it's almost impossible for non-bumiputras to buy such cheap properties, unless they know someone from the government housing department, even the developers themselves are not allowed to sell these "low-mid cost houses", constructed by themselves.

The childishness continue in our politics and the politicians, first we have Badawi vs Mahathir show, then we have Najib's criminal accuse. And what's the problem with a MCA leaders got taped while having sex with another woman, does that have anything to do with politics? It's his own life, so why politicians abused the news, and corrupts the once crystal clear Malaysian politic?

I like to have sex with people cannot meh? You blow ar?

With Malaysians so eager for advancement, creating modules like 1Malaysia, Multimedia Super Corridor, Wawasan 2020, Malaysia is suppose to develop alot better. As time goes, I can only see the fact that the country is failing, failing and continue to fail.

But on the other hand, bribery in the royal police force are at a point that almost every single traffic police accept bribes, and 99% of Malaysians know that they have to pay "duit kopi" to the police when caught breaching traffic laws. Sometimes we do see things like "kempen anti rasuah", but to me it's nothing but another monkey show to trick the tax-payer that they are actually doing something, something that will never work.

"Nah, ignore the batch, bribe me bribe me :D"

I do hope that one day, I can live in a clean and civilized Malaysia, and good enough to cancel my decision to migrate ASAP. Happy birthday Malaysia, Happy Merdeka guys, and most of all, enjoy your holidays!

P/S: This posts was meant to criticize, but with the intention to make Malaysia a better country, although it's obvious that most likely it won't happen. No hard feelings to bumiputra readers (if there are any :P), and if you do, I'm sorry, but this is my blog. Do comment if you agree/disagree, flames are welcomed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment